Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'll Be Seeing You

There was something intoxicating about the moon last night. I laid in bed watching TV in the dark and noticed a spotlight transcending my curtains. I crept out of bed and pulled back the curtain. It wasn’t a spotlight. It was the moon. It was big enough that I could make out all of the craters on the face, and it was bright enough that rays pierced the blackness of the sky on all sides. I was transfixed. I couldn’t tear my eyes away.

I got back under the warm blankets of my bed and watched that bold faced moon until it slid away from my view and into someone else’s. And once it was gone, all I could think was, “I’ll find you in the morning sun, and when the night is new, I’ll be looking at the moon but I’ll be seeing you…”

1 comment:

JRenee said...

I LOVE THAT SONG!