Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Picture

Every time I went online the other day - to check my bank statement, to monitor the price on plane tickets for an upcoming trip, to imdb that familiarly obscure actor in the movie I was watching - I navigated back.

I clicked through the one where my awkwardly raised arm consumes the rest of me. The one where my nose appears massive and oddly-shaped. The one where his jawline looks chiseled. The one where we're laughing about his new phone addiction. The one of really nothing at all.

Then.

The one.

A black and white camera phone photo of us in a friend's kitchen. I sit on a stool, reading a recipe from an iPhone. He stands just behind, his arms wrapped around my waist. He kisses the top of my head, reading the recipe along with me. Us being us.

Beauty in small things.

1 comment:

Maithili said...

I love this post. And I kind of want to see your pictures.

And I miss you.