Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I run away


He came up to the group I was standing in, threw his arms around the people across from me and squeezed in. "WHATSSSS UPPPPP!!!!! HEEEEY!" I didn't know what to do.. so I turned around and started talking to somone else. Finally, I had to turn back around, His focus was immediately on me.. "OH MY GOD! I CAN'T believe your out! You never come out!!" His words shallow and small, his meaning meant more. His focus was too much. His eyes piercing mine.. looking deep.. with that wide grin... then I ran away.. I said, with my face peering over my shoulder, "Yes I do! I come out" .. then waved goodbye with my hand above my head and my back to the group... "Gotta go!"

Don't know how to do this.. just wanted to run away.. so I did.

We are supposed to "talk." We haven't yet. I've caught wind that he loves me. It makes me squirm. I should be flattered but I am not. A fabulous man has a massive infatuation, of which I am the central focal point. But, I just don't feel the same way. I don't share the infatuation or even want to go on one date. I am crushed by the burden brought by recent knowledge that he's smitten. I hate to loose a friend and I hate to hurt someone I care about. Now I am potentially forced to do both, due to his immaturity and my pure awkwardness. How do I do this?

No comments: