Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Won't you wallow with me?

The thing is, I guess...I just. I guess I'm just lonely.
But you have buddies! You're going to meet up with R tonight, and what about E? And you said you were going to hang out sometime with S as well right?
I know, it's just that ...I don't have anyone real.
Come on, don't be like that, be cheerful, I thought you were happy to be doing this, you're not alone. You have me.
You're not here.
You have a family that loves you, awesome friends, people visiting you, people to hang out with, and -
...
You're right. I know, I just got into a moment of being down in the doldrums. I just need to get up and do something, ya know? I should just give R a call and get that drink we were talking about.




I know it's hard to hear sometimes. And I know it's easier for him to see a smiling face and to hear a cheerful account of my day. And I know he's just trying to cheer me up. And I know it's not good to work myself deeper into a black mood. But sometimes all you want is someone who will listen. For once, I wish I could just say it and have my listener understand that it just needs to be said, once in a while. Once in a freaking while.





I'm lonely.

No comments: